In 2015, I selected Simple as my word for 2015 and I did an ok job at trying to live more simply, to keep things simple, to simplify. I could have done better but really I did the best I could do. This year I am going with Present as my word for 2016. I want to be more present. I'm a better parent when I'm present with my girls instead of trying to multi-task. I workout better when I'm present in the exercise rather than dreaming away the time. I enjoy things more when I'm present. I'm going to try to be more present this year.
Last year I decided to Get my Sh*t Together and I did pretty good accomplishing my list of lofty goals. There were a few that I didn't accomplish but there is always this year to make them happen (right?). I've even decided to re-do a few that I completed because I enjoyed them so much. Without further adieu, here are my goals for 2016!
- Complete the Barre3 Challenge from Jan. 4 to Jan. 31 - I've been going to Barre3 for the past year at 6 a.m.; four times a week. The insanity of getting up at 5:15 a.m. and working out at 6 a.m. has been the key to my sanity this year. It feels awesome to start the day with an entire hour to myself. (this is a repeat from last year)
- Complete Whole30 in January - I felt so good on Whole30 and got seriously off-track as the year went on. My wrist is hurting again and I'm feeling creaky so I'm Whole30ing again. (this is a repeat from last year)
- Keep purging the house with the Bowl Full of Lemons 14 Week Plan - This link is to her old plan but she is launching a new one in January. I did this last year and it was really helpful. I look forward to clearing out some stuff and simplifying again this coming year.
- Complete Four (4) Day in the Life Challenges and participate in at least ten 10 on 10's.
- Complete TKGA Master Knitting Level I - This is a goal that I've been working on for almost 10 years. I think it might be time to finally knock it out of the ballpark. This will be a challenging goal for me to accomplish given the amount of time I have and the amount of time I think this goal deserves. (this is a repeat from last year)
- Grow a kick-ass Garden! I want to have a Spring, Summer and Fall Garden this year. I want to plan it better and eat more of our abundant produce. I can not wait to dive my hands into the rich earth and grow something. Also I need to build a better Chicken Run. I really need to replace the janky chicken run that I built when I first got the chickens and I'd love for their new one to have a roof so I could leave the chickens out all the time.
- Read for 15 minutes a day.
- Volunteer with two organizations and include the girls. I've decided to volunteer with Mary's Place and PEPS. They are both organizations focused on helping parents with their kids. I'm really excited about Mary's Place because I can include the girls in my volunteer time. My orientation is later this month and I can not wait! As for PEPS, I'll be leading a group in the Fall when both girls are in preschool.
- Catch up on my yearly photo books of the girls. Sadly I've only done one for Molly's 1st year so I have a lot of catching up to do.
- Get back to Blogging on a more regular basis and focus more on my writing.