Thursday, October 27, 2005
Hat Knitting

A few nights ago, I cast on for another Dulaan hat using some of Linda K's donated Lorna's Laces Worsted Weight yarn. This one is knit using two different yarns in order to create a double-thick warm and cozy hat.



After a few nights of knitting, including one while at dinner with my Grandfather (Yes, I often knit when I go out to eat with my Grandfather. He eats at a much slower pace than me and the knitting keeps me from rushing him while allowing us to enjoy our time together), I've started the lining. I forsee a FO on this shortly, maybe even this weekend depending on how much Halloween fun I have.

I love the pointy-ness of this hat along with the wonderful lace pattern, which is hard to see right now but will pop once the yellow is beneath it. Lovely!

In other un-related news, I finished reading Marcell Proust's "Swann's Way" last night. So lovely! I'll be putting a review up in Reading shortly.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat