Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thoughts on Photography and Knitting or Day 29 of NaBloPoMo

Coffee at Vita

I've been thinking about my photography lately and how it has grown in the last year. While discussing this with the boyfriend last night, I realized that I learn so much from my friends without actively trying to "learn more about photography". Like a sponge, I soak up the information. I also pester the boyfriend about photos and his thoughts but that is a post for another day.

The way I feel about photography is much the same way I feel about my knitting. When I really like something, I tend to obsess just a tiny (ok a HUGE) bit about it and I join groups involving my new obsession. When I learned how to knit, I joined the Purlygirls. When I started doing triathlons, I joined a running group. When I started taking photos again, I joined the Seattle Flickr group.

And from each of these groups, I gained not only knowledge but great friends along with a lifelong obsession. I think sometimes being obsessive can be good for a person. It's brought me a lot of things!


nablo07.120x90

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat