Friday, November 27, 2009

Quilting Itch

Pieces from Above

Yesterday we headed over to my parent's house for a wonderful feast of turkey goodness. While there we watch "UP" and "State of Play" and I was able to satisfy my quilting itch. I paper pieced my hexagon quilt pieces through both movies and now have a satisfying stack of pieces.

Pieces

I've done 19 hexagons and am working to have 19 squares in all fabric colors with 19 triangles in other fabrics. It's a lot of work but work I really enjoy. The best part is that my Dad recognized what I was doing. His family is quite crafty and I bet he saw his Mother or Grandmother doing paper piecing as a child. That or he knows everything which is true, the man knows everything. It's a bit scary but once you accept that he knows everything, he becomes a great resource!

Paper Pieces

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat