Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pinterest Thursday - Dryer Sheet Baseboard Cleaning



I've seen this pinned so many times. The pin claims that if you clean your baseboard with fabric softener sheets that they will stay cleaner longer. The premise is that the dryer sheet repels pet hair, dust and other debris that gets tracked into your home.


I decided to try this out in my bathroom since this is the one room that I notice dirty baseboards in. I cleaned off the baseboards using a cloth and some water. Then I wiped them down with the fabric softener sheets and after a few days, the baseboards are still clean!


This is amazing since usually the baseboards are dusty and covered in cat fur just hours after I clean them. I'll be wiping down all my baseboards with dryer sheets from now on. This is a great cleaning tip!




2 comments:

Laura said...

No kidding. It really works? Ok, I'm in. I'll try it on our hundred year old apartment baseboards that have been painted a thousand times. :)

Rebecca Mongrain said...

It totally works! I was surprised because my 50+ baseboards get dusty!

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat