Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Monthly Goal Check-In (February)

Untitled

February is only a few days shorter than all the other months and yet, those missing days make it fly past. I had a great time in February even if it meant that I didn't get a lot accomplished on my goals. I did get a weekend away in San Diego and some major garden planning done. It snowed and we were able to build a snowman and I read a lot of books. It was a good month! 

Untitled



2017 Goals

1. Workout 217 times in 2017 - I worked out 19 times in February. I'm at 43 workouts with 174 more workouts to complete this year. 


2. Participate in the Year of Creativity - This month was all about love. I read a lot about the love of writing and relationship love. I've been having a hard time actually sitting down and writing though. I get my work writing done but the writing for me has not really happened. I am growing though in my writing which is the actual goal. I had so much fun taking my monthly photo essay. I took the girls to the Seattle Public Library and down to the Red Room which represents the beating heart of the library (and where I believe the love of reading grows from). You can see more about my essay here


3. Shoot one roll of film a month - I completely missed February's film roll so I've decided to shoot two rolls of film in March. 

4. Complete TKGA Master Knitting Level I - I didn't work on this goal this month. 

5. Finish my Miter Square Blanket - I got completely sidelined with this goal and didn't knit any of my squares. EEK! I have 33 of the 60 total squares to go.

6. Read 52 books. - I read 7 books this month and will post a book report later this week. This means I have 40 books to read this year and 12 under my belt. 

7. Finish up various House Projects - I've spent a lot of time this month interviewing contractors. We want to remodel our basement next year and that means preparing now. 


8. Catch up on my yearly photo books of the girls - I'm still gathering my images but slowly making progress on this goal. 

9. Become more politically active and work to be the change in my community - I didn't do a ton this month but I was drafted into cross-stitching some political sayings for a fundraiser my acupuncturist is doing. It's been a great way to contribute while I figure everything out. I've also been writing my legislators and I have future town meetings on my calendar. 

10. Learn how to make a really good stock - I've been making chicken stock like mad. It's now part of my weekly food prep. 

Bonus Goal: Grow two new crops in my garden and add some chickens to my flock. - I ordered some new seeds - Delice de la Table and Burgess Butter Cup squash. They are growing in my garage right now and I'll transfer them in a few weeks. I'll be getting the new chickens in late March. I can't wait! 

Untitled

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat