Wednesday, May 14, 2003
Riding my bike to work

Yes, yesterday I rode my bike to work. Little did I know it was going to be 14 miles of PURE FUN! Well not exactly fun but still quite the story. I left my house at 7:30 a.m. and got on my way. It was a brisk morning and I did wish that I had more clothing on. Those bike shorts were not cutting it in the warmth factor! Well I quickly changed my mind about that and was quite pleased with the shorts. After climbing two grueling hills and wanting to go home, I was well on my way. I kept thinking that I must have mapped out the hilliest route ever! I quickly made my way past two schools and down a hill to Bothell-Everett Highway. I had to ride on that road for about three blocks. And you know those were the three quickest blocks ever! It's spooky out there. I then arrived at the safety of the Burke-Gilman trail and rode that for about 6 miles. I next had to depart from the trail and start another grueling and long climb. I *LOVE* hills! I eventually arrived at work around 9 a.m. I did create quite a stir with my bike and felt quite proud of myself all day. Then I had to being the ride home! Gulp! Actually it wasn't too bad at all. I rode the Burke-Gilman most of the way and even stopped by the library on the way home to pick up some books! Yea for me! Go Team!

Tonight I had STP training and guess what!?! We got to do more hills! I swear the hills have been having secret meetings on how to torment me! I will conquer them all though!

In knitting news, I am still working on my sock. I was happily knitting along last night when I noticed I was following the wrong set of instructions! Grrr! Looks like there is some frogging to be done.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat