Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pinterest Thursday - Martha Stewart's Tub Scrub


I've been slowly working to switch over all our cleaners to non-toxic, toddler-safe cleaners. As I use up an old cleaner, I either look for a greener alternative at the store or I try to make a homemade cleaner. I've been on the hunt for a really good tub cleaner for awhile. 

IMG_6813

I found this great tub cleaner from Martha Stewart on Pinterest and since I had all the ingredients, I decided to go for it. 

IMG_6762

I grabbed one of my many canning jars (I should can with them one day soon as it is the season!) and started piling the ingredients into the jar. 

IMG_6814

Once my concoction was ready to go, I headed into the bathroom to attack the bathtub dirt.

IMG_6765

The homemade tub cleaner was awesome! My tub was shiny and the dirt was gone. Additionally the smell was divine. I used Peppermint essential oil but I think Lavender would be awesome too. 

IMG_6767

This Pinterest project is a WIN! I don't think my tub has been this clean in a long time and I try to clean it at least once a week. This stuff is going into our cleaning product rotation. Now to find a really good wood cleaner. 

1 comment:

amanda said...

I made this and I agree - it works really well! I do not clean my tub once a week (or even once a quarter!), but I might start doing it more regularly now :)

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat