Monday, December 09, 2013

Preparing for Breast Feeding

Molly

Today I'm going to talk about boobs, lactation and breast feeding! I'm about to re-enter a time in my life where it really becomes all about my boobs (for better or worse). I'm feeling a bit more confident this time around since my experience with breast feeding Molly. This isn't to say that I'm not nervous about a few things. I worry about if Chicken Nugget will latch well. I worry about if my boobs will perform. But I know there are a few things I can do to prepare for a positive breast feeding experience. 

Molly and Mama

I've re-read Making More Milk, stocked up on lactation herbs and purchased some Soothies Gel Pads. I have a stock of Lactation Cookie Dough in the chest freezer and a HUGE bag of oatmeal in the pantry. 

I found my Breast Friend Pillow (horrible name, great product) and put it in my nursing station which also houses some granola bars, lanolin, burp clothes and my trusty water bottle. 

Burrito Molly

I've talked to my doctor about my breast feeding plan and I've gotten the ball rolling on renting a hospital grade breast pump. I found a great place that both bills my insurance and will deliver to the hospital. I've put the breast feeding support group schedule in my calendar. Now all I can do is wait and see how Chicken Nugget and I do as Team Boob. I'm hoping she's as good of a partner as her sister was because that made it a lot (selfishly) easier on me!

Snug as a Bug

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat