Wednesday, October 14, 2015

October's 10 on 10

A10in10chickens

I've been a wee bit lax about taking and posting my 10 on 10 photos but not this month! Our Saturday, October 10th was a bit insane. We had two birthday parties to attend and an art installation with a side of date night. Thrown into that insane day was a huge wind storm which really messed up traffic.

10in10mermaid

Maggie woke me up bright and early on Saturday at 6:15 a.m. After demanding some milk and an "apple" (really an orange), she settled in for a snuggle while I ran outside to let the chickens out of their coop.

10in10maggie

Maggie watched some Curious George while I knit until her sister woke up. I'm almost done with Maggie's Halloween Costume. She's going to be the cutest little lamb!

10in10knitting

We then got ready and headed out to our first birthday party where we decorated pumpkins, ate pumpkin pizza, snacked on some pumpkin bread and had a pumpkin of a time.

10in10pumpkin

We then dashed onto our second birthday party where we decorated treasure boxes, ate more pizza (yum!) and played some paw patrol. 

10in10research

After a long drive back home through some torrential rain, the girls settled in to watch a show while I did some research on chickens and sorted through my emails. 

10in10costume

After eating dinner and having baths, the girls put on a Frozen show for Scott and I. Our babysitter showed up and we made a mad dash for Georgetown. 

10in10artwalk

Three of our friends from our Flickr days were putting on a photography show as part of the Georgetown Art Walk. We had a great time checking out their work and reconnecting.

10in10bbq

We then went to dinner at Jack's BBQ which was amazing! It's the best Texan BBQ in Seattle and reminded me of growing up in Texas. So good! 

10in10sundae

We decided to end the night with ice cream because it was too early to come home. We were at that sweet spot when the kids are almost asleep and if we showed up, they'd be up for hours. However if we stayed out a wee bit longer then they'd be asleep when we came home. It was a long day and Sunday was another busy one.  I'm going to need another weekend to recover from my weekend.

Check out Francesca's 10 in 10 post

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat