Wednesday, December 26, 2018

2018 Goal Check-In

Untitled


I worked hard to accomplish quite a lot of my goals this year. While I didn't finish all 18, I did make a huge dent. As I work to finalize my 19 in 2019 goals, there are some 2018 goals, I'm planning to carry over into the new year. Without further discussion, here is how I did on my goals this year! 

Untitled

2018 Goals
  1. Workout 218 times in 2018 - I worked out a total of 267 times in 218 and I loved it! 
  2. Go Skiing - I went skiing a few times in January while the girls did ski lessons and it was great. I'm not sure if we will go again this winter as honestly it is kinda a pain to get up to the mountain and get all the gear and the expense is huge! 
  3. Complete "The Artist's Way" - I worked with a great group to accomplish this goal early in the year. I didn't do it perfectly but I go it done and really enjoyed the process. 
  4. Learn Hand Lettering - I sorta did this but lost my passion for it. I learned I like looking at hand lettering but not doing it myself. 
  5. Paint the Bathroom - This is not going to get done in 2018 but I'm on target to get it done in 2019! 
  6. Find a picture for the oval frame in my bedroom - I quickly got this done in early 2018. 
  7. Replace the sad Rhododendron plant with a Dwarf Japanese Maple (or another plant) - I replaced this plant in September and am hoping the maple took root. 
  8. Build (or buy) a trellis for my vegetable garden - I have a shiny new trellis. 
  9. Buy a new dishwasher - This got done but it was a mess! Such a mess! 
  10. Embrace Minimalism by doing the Minimalist Game for an entire month - I did this and LOVED it. I need to do it again. 
  11. Reduce our food bill and food waste - I feel like I worked hard on this and got better. I didn't set a measurable goal so I can't say if I really did it. 
  12. Read War and Peace, Moby Dick, A Tale of Two Cities and The Grapes of Wrath - I got about halfway through both A Tale of Two Cities and Moby Dick. 
  13. Read the Bible - I got about a 1/4 of the way through the Bible. 
  14. Knit Nanoo - I started this shawl and had problems with the instructions and then got distracted so I'm still working on this goal!  
  15. Knit 12 hats for charity - I did this and donated my hats to Mary's Place. 
  16. Repeat Goal: Complete TKGA Master Knitting Level I - I decided to let this goal go. My heart isn't into it. 
  17. Repeat Goal: Finish my Miter Square Blanket - I am so close to being done with this blanket! I have about 5 squares to go! 
  18. Repeat Goal: Catch up on my yearly photo books of the girls - I did not do this but have plans to seriously work on this in early 2019.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat