Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Harvest Season

Untitled

Since I planted my garden at the beginning of May, I've been carefully watering and watching the plants in anticipation of harvest time. Luckily the garden hasn't suffered from any pests or raccoon visitors but I'm on alert for both. 

Untitled

I'm absurdly proud of my garden and all the work I've put into it. Molly gets so excited when we go out to water it. Unfortunately she likes to pull on the plants and I've caught her trying to remove a few too many from their garden homes. We've had lots of discussions about being gentle with the garden but her enthusiasm for the plants is high.

Untitled

I decided it was time to cull the lettuce on Monday night. The girls and I headed to the garden and I started harvesting. Molly intently watched me and tried harvest her own lettuce. It was pretty adorable.

Untitled

The best part of the harvest was the salad we enjoyed for dinner. I foresee many, many salads in our future. Somebody has to eat all the lettuce I planted. Now to impatiently wait for the other garden goodies to grow, grow, grow!

Untitled


No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat