It's totally not the season for Pumpkin Muffins but sometimes I start craving a good Pumpkin Muffin. What happened was one of Molly's little friends asked his Mom for a pumpkin muffin and that is when my craving started. I had also been presented a challenge to make something using coconut flour. Coconut Flour is a great wheat flour alternative with the added bonus of being gluten free and high in fiber and protein. I wasn't ready to bake pumpkin muffins completely gluten free but I was interested to see how substituting some of the all-purpose flour for coconut four would taste.
Verdict! DELICIOUS! The kids and I both loved the bit of extra texture that was added to the muffins. All of the muffins were gone in such a short time that I quickly made another batch and those also disappeared quickly.
Want to learn more about baking with Coconut Flour? Click here!
Pumpkin Coconut Flour MuffinsPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 35 minutes6073298Ingredients (16 muffins)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 cup chocolate chipsInstructionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin.In a medium bowl, sift flours, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda together.In a separate bowl, mix oil, pumpkin puree, sour cream, coconut cream, eggs, and 1 cup brown sugar together.Add chocolate chips and dry ingredients to mixture. Mix until moistened.Spoon batter into muffin tins and sprinkle with brown sugar.Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan.Powered by Recipage