Nachos are a family favorite around here. We tend to use the classic tortilla chip but when I decided to try them with potatoes, there was happiness at the dinner table. Molly who has lately been telling me that all my cooking is terrible, told me that I had made the best dinner in a long time. If that ain't high praise, then I don't know what is. I found the Mexican Potato Nachos to be quite filling and so good!
The Tasteful Selections potatoes are perfect for this dish since they are all the same size. I used the sunrise medley potatoes which come in purple, white and red potato varieties. I loved the extra boost of color they provided to the dish. I've previously showcased Tasteful Selection potatoes in my Pesto Potato Salad recipe and my Potato Quinoa Chickpea Patties recipe.
Mexican Potato Nachos
Serves 6 - 8
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
24 ounces of Tasteful Selections Potatoes, 1-bite potatoes
1 Tablespoon cumin
Salt & Pepper
1 can (12 oz) black beans
1 can (2.25 oz) sliced olives
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 cup corn
12 oz Chorizo
2 cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
½ cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
½ cup sour cream
1 avocado, sliced
- Cut each Tasteful Selections Potato in half, sprinkle with cumin, salt, pepper and olive oil. Place in a cast iron fry pan or on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, cook the chorizo in a fry pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and begin assembling your nachos. Top the roasted potatoes with chorizo, black beans, olives, tomatoes, corn, Monterey Jack cheese and queso fresco cheese.
- Turn the broiler on to high and place the nachos under the broiler until the cheese melts and starts to bubble.
- Finish the nachos by topping with sour cream and sliced avocados.
You can find Tasteful Selection potatoes at your local grocery store. Use the store locator to find a store near you. Also follow Tasteful Selections on Facebook for even more fantastic recipes and tips.
With all the amazing time saving tips and recipes that Tasteful Selections has to offer, there may just be one thing that will really save you time–an updated kitchen! Enter to win the #RescuedMoments Sweepstakes for your chance to win a kitchen makeover that is sure to Rescue your Moments. http://www.tastefulselections.com/rescuedmoments/
Disclosure: This is post is proudly sponsored by Tasteful Selections. I have been paid for this post and given free product in exchange for my recipe and thoughts. All opinions are my own. Thank you for your support!