We have a love for Rice Krispy treats around here. They are quick and simple to make. You can dress them up or keep them simple. We love them! I thought it would be fun to make a Halloween version and so I did. It was such a tasty experiment, I decided that I had to share them. I think they'd make a delightful addition to any Halloween celebration.
Halloween Rice Krispy BarkPrep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 10 minutes6075529Ingredients (Makes 24 Treats)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package White Chocolate Baking Chips, 11 oz
- 1 package Milk Chocolate Baking Chips, 11 oz
- Pretzel Sticks, Broken In Half
- Mini Oreo's, Chopped
- Brach's Autumn Mix - Candy Corn, Candy Pumpkins, etc.
- Optional: Misc Ingredients such as Mini Marshmallows, M & M's, Colored Sprinkles, NutsInstructionsIn large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add miniature marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Add in the vanilla extract. Remove from heat.Add Rice Krispies cereal cereal. Stir until well coated.Press evening into a greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan and allow to cool.While the rice krispy treats are cooling, make the Halloween Bark.Melt the white chocolate and milk chocolate chips separately over a double boiler. Stir until smooth and then pour over the rice krispy treats. I poured the white chocolate in first and then placed big spoonfuls of the milk chocolate over the white chocolate before dragging a knife through the chocolate to swirl it.Sprinkle on pretzels, mini oreos, halloween candy, etc. Lightly press the ingredients with your fingertips to make sure they're all on.Place the pan in the fridge and allow it to set completely. Cut the pan into bars and enjoy!Powered by Recipage