Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Honeymoon Vacation - Day Three & Four

Day 3 and 4 of our honeymoon were full of even more fun for Scott and I!

Notre Dame Gargoyle

The morning of Day 3, we visited the Musée d'Orsay. Scott LOVED the Musée d'Orsay but we were equally disappointed that we couldn't take photos inside the museum. We like to capture our favorite artwork to remind ourselves of what we've seen.

Notre Dame

We then headed over to the Notre Dame and the Sainte-Chapelle

Sainte Chapelle

I love the view from the top of the Notre Dame but I do not love that climb. It's a tight windy staircase but you know utterly worth it. And you can get up and close with the gargoyles.

Pensive Gargoyle

Day four was all about Versailles. And figuring out what train to take to get there took all of our combined brain power.

Scott and me at Versailles

Versailles is utterly beautiful but unfortunately it was super crowded which made me a bit cranky. OK a lot cranky!

Versailles King Hall

The ceilings in Versailles are amazing!

Versailles Chandeler Ceiling

The gardens were gorgeous and it was a wonderful day weather-wise for us. We roamed around the gardens for awhile before heading back to Paris.

Versailles Sucker 2 Garden

Once back in Paris, we headed out to the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs-Élysées.

Arc de Triomphe

Both are must-sees in Paris but really if you miss them, you'd not missing out on much. I think the next time I go to Paris, I'll be just fine skipping both of these sights.

Of course if I had skipped them, I would have missed out on the Japanese Elvis!

Japanese Elvis in Paris

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat