Saturday, August 12, 2017

Week in Review 8.12.17

Untitled

Untitled

Our big news this week is we got a kitten! His name is Lewis and he is a 2 month old ginger kitty. I've never had a ginger cat so I'm thrilled. The kids are so excited about him that they can barely sleep. Mel-B is less enthused. We have not introduced them yet and are keeping Lewis confined to the den but she knows there is another animal in the house. We're hoping to do some introducing this weekend but are taking it slow and seeing how the animals react to each other. 

Untitled

Exercise

I got in 5 workouts this week - two boot camp classes, two barre3 class and one Project November boot camp session
Project November was so awesome and full of hugs and high 5s. This week felt really good and I almost got in 6 workouts but skipped a boot camp due to angry wild animals either fighting or having sex in my backyard at 1 a.m. on Wednesday night. I was on high alert to protect my chickens. Poor Scott was almost run over by me in the middle of the night running to the window to check on them. Maybe I should count that adrenaline rush as a workout! Otherwise the hard barre3 class I took on Tuesday combined with the intense Project November bootcamp really made my rear sore! 



Untitled

Food

I got my first Gobble delivery this week. I got a promotion to try a free week so I figured why not try it out. Guys! This is so good! The girls loved the mac and cheese meal and I can't wait to try some of the other meals. They also sent me two balls of cookie dough to make cookies with which were delicious. 



Untitled

School starts in less than 4 weeks and before that Molly has something called Jump Start where she'll go to school from 9-Noon in about a week. My plan is to make her lunches as if I was making her school lunches. She'll eat them here at home but that way we can get in a groove and I can see if there are any logistical issues with her lunchbox set-up. 

Untitled

The Girls

The girls started a rock climbing class this week. They loved it and emerged sweaty and spent after their class. I consider that a HUGE win. They've been rock climbing all over the place when they aren't swimming or playing with the kitten. 



Untitled

Molly lost another front tooth which took forever. Scott finally convinced her to let him pull the tooth out and it was so loose, it just took a small tap. I remember hanging onto my teeth as a kid too so we've been trying not to pressure her but this one was just dangling there. 

Untitled

Other Goings On

I'm still going strong on The Minimalist Game. I cleaned out the entire linen closet this week and found way too many shampoo bottles. I took care of my subscribe and save orders on that one! I also cleared out a bunch of books and hope to really tackle my yarn this week. I've given away, thrown away and donated so much stuff. I'm loving this. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat