Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Knitting the UFOs and Creepy Dolls

Cable Sock

I've been diligently working on my "Walking Away" Cabled Socks. Over the years, I have made this pattern two or three times but I've always given the socks away. This time though, these socks are for me. I am in love with the yarn and the pattern. I know that once I finish these socks, I'm wearing them everywhere. I suspect that I'll finish the first sock tonight and I will immediately cast on for the second sock to avoid SSS (Second Sock Syndrome).

October 22, 2007

I've also been working on baby doll sweaters. Somehow my Mother conned me into knitting sweaters for these creepy baby dolls. They will be given to children living in a local homeless shelter so I know that the knitting is for a good thing but I just can't get past that these dolls are so freaky.

One of the Purly Girls actually asked me to put the doll away as it was scaring her! I hope these don't scare the children.

I also hope I can get these darn sweaters to fit right! I've been using a pattern and adjusting it as I go along. So far I've made two sweaters and neither has fit perfectly. They work but they aren't perfect. I have four dolls to make sweaters for and I figure by the time I finish the fourth, that one will be just right.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat