Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bird In Hand

Right Bird in Hand Mitten

Last weekend due to the cold weather (which continues for quite some time I've been told), I cast on for the Bird in Hand Mittens by Kate Gilbert.

I'm not very experienced when it comes to stranded knitting which I have found to be OK with this pattern. I love how easy it has been so far, well except for the braids but I think that was due to the worsted weight yarn and the size one needles. EEEK!

Blocking Bird in Hand Mitten

My only other problem is that I think my gauge is a tiny bit too tight in stranded knitting and so my right hand mitten is a tiny bit too small. I am currently blocking the crap out it to see if the sizing improves before I cast on for the left mitten. I figure I can adjust the needle size following Kate's directions if needed for the left mitten.

Raveled

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat