Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The VooDoo That You Do

Voodoo

Over the weekend, Scott and I headed down to Portland to celebrate Christmas 3.0 with his family. We had a grand time and on the way home, I convinced Scott to stop by VooDoo Doughnuts. OK there wasn't much convincing, it went more like this:

"Scott, I want to stop at VooDoo Doughnuts."

"AWESOME! Do you have directions?"

And so in we went and it was delicious and full of SUGAR!

VooDoo Menu

They had an eclectic menu full of interesting doughnuts.

Treats

I ordered an Old Dirty Bastard which was a doughnut with chocolate cookie crumbles and peanut butter while Scott ordered a Grape doughnut which we suspect was sprinkled with grape Kool-aid. We decided to pass on the Maple Bacon doughnut since well sugar and grease are not usually a good combination.

YIP.4 Voodoo Donuts

Doughnuts

The doughnut selection and names were fantastic with the prices just right but I must voice my one complaint. I'm sick and tired of restaurants that only take cash. Seriously people in this day and age when people rarely carry cash and tend to only use debit cards. You are running a business and just as you have to pay your employees you also need to pay the credit card fees. OK rant over, I had cash and all was fine but this is just something that bothers me.

So next time you are in Portland or heck if you live there, stop by VooDoo Doughnuts. It's good!

VooDoo Doughnuts
1501 NE Davis
Portland, OR

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat