Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pillows! Pillows! Pillows!

Couch Pillow

Ever since Scott and I brought the new couch home, I've been attempting to accessorize it with pillows. After searching high and low at various stores and freaking out at the cost of pillow covers (never mind the inserts), I gave up. Then I happened into The Quilting Loft and was inspired. And in the end, even with the silk backing on this pillow, I spent less than what Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel were wanting for their pillows.

Couch Pillow Back

The pattern for this pillow does not necessarily exist. I cut two 20" square pieces of fabric and machine sewed three sides together with the right sides facing. I believe I sewed a 3/4" seam allowance but it might have been a 1/2" seam allowance. I then turned the pillow pieces right-side out and stuffed a 18" pillow form into the fabric.

Sewing

Then the hard part came, the hand sewing. I attempted an invisible seam and it took about four times longer than the cutting and sewing of the other sides.

Pinned

In the end though, I love how this pillow came out! I have two more pillows to create and I'll use be using an actual pattern from Last Minute Patchwork Gifts for those two pillows.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat