Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Homegrown Stopover

YIP.120

Sunday morning yoga left me hankering for some fresh, delicious food. Scott and I decided it was time to check out the new Homegrown sandwich and soup cafe in Fremont.

Hot Sandwiches

We walked down to the cafe and stepped inside. The menu boards are HUGE! In fact, they are so huge, that they overwhelmed me a bit. My eyes were darting back and forth while my fingers were pointing to all the delicious sandwhiches and salads.

Homegrown Theory

The menu board lists which items are local, organic and/or sustaintable. They also list what local producers provided which items. I love knowing where my food comes from and I feel that the owners of Homegrown do too!

Homestyle Bay Leaves

Each table had a culinary herb plant placed on it which was great except that some of them had little bugs on them. This happens with plants, I know! My plants at home have some of these little natty bugs. I find it usually happens from over-watering.

Homestyle Ruben

Scott ordered a Ruben sandwich while I enjoyed half a Turkey sandwich with a small Beet salad. Both were delicious.

I did have a few small complaints about this location though. The menu boards are so huge that you are overwhelmed as soon as you step in. Once you are acclimated though, they look great!

The ordering system is a bit strange. You order at one side of the counter and then step to the other side to pay. The guy running the cash register said they were working to change that shortly.

Lastly, all I wanted was some regular ice tea but they only had bottled ice tea. I think it would be a bit more sustainable to just brew up some ice tea in a pitcher and serve it that way. They could even create their own special "Homegrown" brew!

Overall though I'm going back, a lot. I really like this place and I'm glad it is so close to where I live.

Homegrown
3416 Fremont Avenue North
(between 35th St & 34th St)
Seattle, WA 98103
(206) 453-5232
eathomegrown.com/

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat