Thursday, June 03, 2010

Thoughts on "Eating Local" (the book)

Pickled Onion

Scott and I really enjoyed eating from "Eating Local" this week. There were many successes and only one "dud".

Fresh Lemon-Caper Butter Scallops

This is a cookbook that is destined to become the one I reach for when planning meals. I've added it to my kitchen counter cookbooks, that stack of books that sit all splattered with sauces and oils, marked with post-its and smeared fingerprint marks.

Pork Tacos, Yucatan Style

I am so looking forward to cooking more from this cookbook. I can't wait to use more fresh Farmer's Market fruits and veggies. I'm especially excited about the Fig and Lemon Preserves, I plan to make when Figs are in season later this summer.

Lime-Berry Tart Drip

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat