Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Two Months with Molly Pop


Molly Pop and Otis the Owl
Dear Molly,


Happy two months! I can't believe that 62 days ago, I was dreaming about meeting you and enjoying one of my favorite Mexican meals at Oaxca de la Carta. Now I dream about sleep and eating out but those are little things when you smile at me. You've really started interacting so much with your Papa and I. I tell you about all the mundane things I'm doing and your giggles make it so much more interesting.


Snow Weed


This month, you've started holding your head up with very little bobble head-ness and you love to play stand up when we stand you on our laps. You also experienced your first Seattle snowstorm. We so rarely get them that the entire city shuts down. And this one was such a dozy, Governor Gregoire declared a Winter Storm State of Emergency. Here in Ballard, we had at least 6 inches of snow with a nice layer of ice on top and in the middle.


MomandMolly


The other exciting news this month is that your Grandma B got to go home from the Rehab Center. Now when you visit her, it will be in the comfort of her own home. I had fun showing you the home I grew up in this past weekend. 


Grumpster Face


Dad and I have so many nicknames for you but our favorite is Molly Pop. We also call you Squirt-ial, Squirt, Fussbot, Squirtalbot and Mol. I'm sure we'll have many more that we come up with over the years. We're nickname people and you'll just have to accept it.


The "my Mom takes too many pictures of me" look


In the last week, we've also started a proper bedtime with you. It mean seem earlier but it has made all of our lives easier. The 8 p.m. fussies have pretty much disappeared. I think you were getting too tired and needed a routine to help you wind down. Our routine is bath (or wash cloth wipe down because you do not get a bath every night), massage (I write I LUV U on your belly a few times and tingle your arms and legs), PJs, read 2-3 books, lights dimmed, lullaby (same one as your mobile), breast or bottle, back rubs and then blissful sleep. You are a pretty great sleeper but you do like to throw a wrench into the routine once in awhile. I think it is just your way of helping me appreciate what a great sleeper you are. You already "sleep through the night" which means you usually have a 4-5 hour stretch of sleep followed by a brief wakeful session for eats and then another 3 hour stretch of sleep. Bliss!


We love you Molly Pop! We're having so much fun with you and can't wait to see what the next month brings.

2 comments:

Kare said...

I adore this post. So much to look forward to! Happy two months!

Laura said...

This is ultimate sweetness. I know we haven't seen each other in forever but reading your blog is really fun! I am so happy for you three. Happy two months, wee Molly and congrats to you two.

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat