Saturday, November 25, 2017

Week in Review 11.25.17

Untitled


This was a week filled with celebrations and family gatherings. Molly turned 6. We hosted Thanksgiving and there was so much time spent with family. It was a fun week and I am really looking forward to a week of normalcy next week!

Untitled


Exercise

I got in 5 
workouts this week-  two boot camp classes, a barre3 class, one City Cycle class and a Slow Flow Yoga Class. Then I took 4 days off of working out and it was great! I'm searching for a new yoga class and I really liked the one I took. The only problem is it is late at night but that might be good since Scott can get home in time for me to get to the class. 


Untitled


Food

Food was the name of the game this week. I spent most of Wednesday and Thursday cooking with the entire meal consumed in less than 20 minutes on Thursday. This actually felt like one of my easier Thanksgivings. I've been doing this for a few years and have my action plan down pat. It helps that I have it written down and just go step-by-step. Each year I make tweaks to the plan and adapt the menu just a bit. This year I added Paula Deen's Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese (I leave out the eggs and add an extra can of cheese soup) and it was delicious! 


Untitled


Friday was also Molly's birthday and I've already made a chocolate cake for her actual birthday and vanilla cupcakes for her birthday party. Tomorrow I'll make more cupcakes for her school celebration. I'll admit to being a little baked out! I, however, am quite pleased with how Molly's cake turned out. I was inspired by a friend and blatantly copied her work. 

Untitled

The Girls


Molly turned 6 this week and I honestly can not believe she is so old! Molly was home from school this week which made me realize that I need to plan better for her breaks. She drove me nuts. I drove her nuts and it didn't work very well. I'm planning ahead to Christmas break! I'm planning to have all my work turned in and just take the time off to enjoy with Molly and Maggie. 

I met a friend at The Dane and brought the girls along. I am in love with this coffee shop. We all got some food and after eating, the girls played with the toys while my friend and I talked for awhile. It was quite perfect. My only complaint is that I wish it was a little bit closer so I could walk. 

Untitled

Other Goings On


We put up the Christmas tree on Friday. Molly really wanted to decorate for Christmas and I have to say this was the easiest year ever because I delegated. Scott and the girls set up the tree. I helped with the lights and then the girls put up the ornaments. I don't care that it is not perfect because it is full of love! 

Untitled

Stories Published

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat