Monday, January 04, 2010

2010 Knitting Challenge

Year of the Sox Stack

I like goals and challenges. I like striving to reach some lofty goal that appears insane.

Last year I decided to make 2009 the Year of the S(ox) according to the Chinese calendar. I still have a few weeks left on that goal as the Chinese New Year isn't until February 14th. My goal was to knit 12 pairs of socks for myself. I've knit 6 solid pairs so far and have three more in the works. I'm hoping to get at least two of those done by the 2/14 deadline which means I will have knit 9 of the 12 required pairs. Now while I won't make my goal, I'm still pleased with what I've accomplished. I learned some new things and have a full sock drawer now.

Clothilde Day 3

This year though, I've decided to hook my wagon to the 10 Shawls in 2010 group on ravelry.

On January 1st, I cast on for the Clothilde shawl and set to knitting. I'm about 75% done with my first shawl and I'm so excited for this project. I am going to have to take a short break from it when I finish Clothilde so I can finish my sock challenge.

You can follow my progress on Ravelry or on Flickr.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat