Monday, February 13, 2012

Damn Green Socks

Green

It's an amazing day! The damn green socks which took me over three and a half years to knit are finally finished. OK Let's be honest, the first sock took me a few weeks to knit but the second sock took me three and a half years to complete.

MollySock

Even Molly thinks three and a half years is much to long to have knit on a sock but she's fascinated by the bright green color.

GreenSocks

As soon as the socks are dry, I plan to wear them until they have holes in the heels. Then they can go to my darning basket where socks go to retire as I never do get around to darning their heels.

DryingSocks

3 comments:

gapey said...

Congrats! You going to start up another pair? I had a pair I was working on for a couple of years. It was a complicated patter and just had no motivation to work on it.

Rebecca Mongrain said...

Paula - Oops! Just saw this comment. I'm taking a break from socks right now. I love making them but this last pair just broke me so I think I need some time apart. That and I have so many other UFOs to clear off my plate.

Monkey's Mama said...

I am impressed!

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat