Monday, March 14, 2016

February Book Report

February Book Report

I kept my reading streak alive in February with another four books being read. This reading for at least 15 minutes a day is making me so happy!


My first book was The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood which I actually first started to read when she released them as shorts. I love pretty much anything by Atwood so this was a delight. I like how she takes our world and projects a very possible and very scary world. 


The next book I read was Whistling Past the Graveyard by Susan Crandall which was a Book Club pick from a blog that I follow. I would never have picked up this book on my own but I'm so glad I read this one. It tells the story of a small town, a little girl, an African-American woman and what is happening at the start of the civil rights movement. This is an amazing book! 


Ian McEwan always thrills me with his books and Sweet Tooth did not disappoint. The book focuses on Cambridge student Serena Frome's entrance into the MI5 in 1972 and her love affair with promising young writer Tom Haley.  As with McEwan's other books, the true story is never revealed until the very last page. 


My final book was The Good Girl by Mary Kubica which was also my first audible book. I listened to it every day when I did the dishes (which I hate doing). I actually began looking forward to doing the dishes every night because it meant that I was able to hear more of my book. This book is about a kidnapping gone wrong and who is affected and how. The ending on this one blew me away. I was not expecting it at all. 

What are your favorite audible books? I need more! I'm addicted to them now. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat