Monday, May 16, 2016

On Fitness

Untitled

For the past few months, I've been struggling with my fitness. Last year when I discovered barre3 and started taking the classes, it was AWESOME and I loved it. Then I started to not love it as much but I still liked it because it worked with my lifestyle. After completing the barre3 challenge in January, I made a goal to keep working out at least 4 times a week. I did ok with that goal until Scott went away in April for 10 days. I totally slacked off! 

Along the way, I started listening to a new podcast, The Shameless Mom Academy. I noted that the podcaster had a gym in Seattle and it sounded good. Then I friended her on Facebook because I'm a stalker. A few days later she posted about her Little Black Dress Transformation project. I quickly messaged her to ask about it. I hemm'd and hawww'd for a few hours and then signed up. And I'm so glad I did! 

Untitled

Today is the start of my second week on the four week program. We do three boot camp classes a week with two additional workouts outside the gym. We'd been given a meal plan to boost our nutrition and daily encouragement from Sara. The boot camp classes are hard but so do-able. I feel like a total bad-ass at the end of them. I've been making Scott feel my 'guns' and he said he's impressed. I'm in love with working out again. This morning, I woke up before my 5:15 a.m. alarm and bounded out of bed. I wanted to get to the gym to work out hard and today was a doozy! The workout is only 45 minutes which is perfect! I'm home by 7 a.m. and most of the time everyone is still snoozing so I hop in the shower, get breakfast and am ready to great them when they come stumbling out of their rooms. 

So far I'm re-learning (constantly re-learning this) that I need to eat more veggies and that I need to plan my meals ahead. I just can't flow through life or I will eat crap. The two weeks before I started this program, I was feeling so lethargic and was having a Starbucks Chai almost every afternoon to make it to dinner. I went to bed tired, woke up tired and after only a week, I'm not feeling this way. Yes, last Monday, I went to bed at 8:45 p.m. and slept for 9 1/2 hours but now I'm sleeping 7 hours or so. I'm bounding out of bed. I'm feeling energetic and most importantly, I'm happy!  

I'm going to conquer this goal and get fitter along the way! 


No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat