Saturday, February 04, 2017

Week in Review 2.4.17

YOC - January Inspiration

Whoosh! This week flew by and I feel like I was dropping balls all over the place. Those be the breaks sometimes though. I had three hours to myself on Friday and I used them to get ahead of myself. 

Exercise


#barre3challenge Day 3 and class with Bo was amazing!

I worked out 5 times this week - 3 boot camp sessions, one barre and one hard cycling class. I've decided to put my ClassPass on hold once this month is up as I'm having a hard time actually using up my 5 classes. I have too many other exercise opportunities. I'm also starting an Accountability Club with Sync Fitness so I'm going to up my boot camp to 4 times a week and fill in the other 1 or 2 workouts with barre3, CorePower or walking. 

Food



Untitled

I'm working on an article about the Best Latte in Seattle so I've been sipping coffee all over town. This sounds great until you are so hyped up on caffeine that you can't think. Oops! It's been tasty though! 

YOC - January Inspiration

I put a hold on our organics box this week and made a veggie sauce out of all the vegetables that have been hanging out in my fridge. It's super good and I've been enjoying it on everything all week. 

Untitled

I'm also working to reduce food waste around here which led me to making banana bread on Wednesday night after swim lessons. We've been feasting on it ever since. 

The Girls


Untitled

The girls were good this week. I took the above picture on Wednesday in response to a request from the Seattle mayor for everyone to step outside with a light at 7 p.m. and show that all are welcome here. The girls loved it and made them feel included too. They had some extra time at preschool as I had some obligations which they loved, especially Maggie. She loves to nap at preschool even though she doesn't nap at home anymore. She's going to be beyond excited when she gets to do it again next week. Poor Molly ended up sick today so I'm hoping she feels better soon. We're having a quiet day over here. 

Other Goings On

I spent the week making phone calls fighting against the nomination of DeVos and the appointment of Bannon to the NSC. I also gathered my postcards in one central location so I can quickly grab them as needed. 

17283_8859_large
Image: Territorial Seed Company

The chicken upkeep has been ticking up and they have been getting more free roaming time. I had the hedge around our yard trimmed on Thursday so they've been mad at me ever since. I'm getting excited about adding to the flock in the spring. I also ordered seeds from my garden! I've never done that before so I'm super excited about this next step in my growth as a gardener. I *may* have over ordered though because the excitement is too much. I plan to blog about this later but I'm super excited about the Ketchup-n-Fries plants that I ordered!  They are grafted together tomato and potato plants. I ordered two to arrive in late April. I'm pretty excited! 

Stories Published

Untitled

There's a One-of-a-Kind Camp and Lodging Experience in Westport This place is going to be awesome and I can't wait to see it this summer. We had such a fun trip to Westport that I want to go again. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat