Saturday, June 17, 2017

Week in Review 6.17.17


Untitled

Today is all about ballet recitals and spending time with the family. This week has been busy, busy with travel, end of school year celebrations, the start of swim lessons and other obligations. We are go-go-going over here!

Untitled

Exercise

This week started out slow and quickly turned busy. I got in 4 workouts - 3 boot camps and a barre3 class. Scott was out of town for the last half of the week which always changes my workout schedule. Luckily I've gotten better about being flexible and knowing which studios have childcare options. This is where ClassPass is a huge lifesaver for me since my main gym doesn't have childcare options. They do, however, have classes available when the girls are in preschool which is awesome.

Untitled
Food

I prepped again last weekend which made the week's meals work. When Scott is gone, it means more solo time for me so if I can get ahead of the cooking, I can then stay on top of the never-ending cleaning. I made the Probiotic Salad from Amy Pennington's Salad Days book and this is being added to our rotation. It was delicious! I also made Honey Roasted Strawberry Muffins from Andrea Bemis's Dishing up the Dirt cookbook and they barely lasted until the next day.

Untitled

I also made a big batch of barre3 chocolate truffles for when I want something sweet but need a more nutritional option than ice cream. I also started adding collagen powder to my coffee. It is supposed to help with achy joints, gut health and help one look younger. My joints have been aching a lot and my gut could use a boost so I did some research and decided to add it to my daily diet. The awesome lady at Whole Foods told me that she adds it to her coffee. A lot of people at my gym add it to their smoothies but I'm not a great smoothie drinker. I excel at drinking coffee so I decided to add to my morning drink. I honestly can not taste it in my coffee which is awesome.

Untitled

The Girls


Untitled

The girls started daily swim lessons this week. Molly missed Tuesday due to her school having swim lessons which meant I just had Mags with me. She would not go in the water. We had this situation happen before and I've figured out that she is so attached to Molly that she won't go in the pool without her. They aren't even in the same class so as you can guess, this refusal drives me nuts. Molly had a hard start on Monday but eventually got in the pool once she got over her anxiety about it. She's been having a hard time with "new" situations. I explained that she has been taking lessons at this same pool for the past four summers but she couldn't remember them and was completely worked up. Luckily her instructor remembered her and was able to coax her in and then couldn't get her out at the end.

Untitled

Molly has her first Popsicle Playdate at her new elementary school. She was able to meet the principle and teachers and was able to reconnect with a ton of co-op, ballet, etc friends. She told me that she had a really good time and was looking forward to kindergarten. I know she is still nervous about it but the school has summer playdates, orientations, etc to help ease the kids in. 

Untitled

On Friday, I took the girls to get their hair cut and then to the nail salon for mani/peds. It was hilarious. Maggie can barely hold still but the ladies at the shop loved her. The owner even brought them extra candy. So they want mani/peds everyday now and I said it will be a long time before I do that again.

Untitled

Untitled

Other Goings On

All 5 of my chickens finally laid. I was waiting for the last new one to get going and the one who lays green eggs is not a daily layer. My friend is watching the chickens while we are out of town next month so I was also excited because I can make her a graphic to id the eggs. I only get worried if I don't see an egg after 3 days so hopefully it won't be a problem for her.

Untitled

I've been really focusing on my MK1 project this week. I worked on my preliminary swatch and then dove into the questions. I feel like there is very little actual knitting with this project and lots and lots of questions. Those require a lot of my concentration which is hard with the amount of attention the kids also seem to require. 

Untitled

I've been reading about using coconut oil in one's beauty routine and picked up some Conscious Coconut. I've been using it before bed and my hands and feet are feeling less dry. I also like that for every tube purchased, they provide a meal to a hungry child. 


Stories Published 



Seattle Refined: A Beginner's Guide to SUP (Paddle Boarding)

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat