Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Monthly Goal Check-In (May)

Untitled

Whoosh! That was May rushing right on by. We're almost at the halfway point in the year and I still have a lot to accomplish on this set of lofty goals. I did get a fair amount done this month though so I'm feeling good about this list. 

2017 Goals

1. Workout 217 times in 2017 - I worked out 25 times in May. I'm at 104 workouts with 113 more workouts to complete this year. I need to do 4 workouts a week to accomplish this goal. Summer travel is going to make this interesting!


2. Participate in the Year of Creativity -  This month was all about noticing. I did a Day in the Life to notice my surroundings. We get so lost in our to-dos that we miss the details. The moments. I've also been doing 100 Days of B/W Photography over on Instagram which has made me slow down and notice the details. B/W photography can be tricky if you miss the details. 


3. Shoot one roll of film a month - Added another roll of film to my processing pile. I really need to get these developed. 

4. Complete TKGA Master Knitting Level I - I finished my preliminary swatch and am working on the other swatches. I have blocked out time to work on this project as I am getting it done this year. 


5. Finish my Miter Square Blanket - I finished one square this month. I have completed 34 squares of the 60 total squares I need to knit. Maybe where summer travel will be hard on the workouts, it will be a blessing in the knitting arena? 

6. Read 52 books. - I read 4 books this month. This means I have 30 books to read this year and 22 under my belt. Book Bingo is really going to help these numbers! 

7. Finish up various House Projects - I pressure washed the patio, tidied the garage and started sorting the filing. I feel like projects are never-ending and I plan to paint the kitchen this month. 

8. Catch up on my yearly photo books of the girls - I'm still gathering my images. Five years of images takes a lot of time to gather and put in the appropriate albums. These books are going to be epic! 

9. Become more politically active and work to be the change in my community - I'm struggling with this one. I'm feeling disillusioned and I need to work hard on this goal. 

10. Learn how to make a really good stock 

Bonus Goal: Grow two new crops in my garden and add some chickens to my flock. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat