Saturday, June 03, 2017

Week in Review 6.3.17

Untitled

It was a week. It was neither good nor bad. It was neither productive nor unproductive. It was a week. 

Exercise

I was able to get in 6 workouts this week - 3 boot camps, an easy hike, a barre3 class and a SHIFT class. I am really loving all this exercise though it feels like my body is sore all the time (good sore though).

I'm planning ahead for next week but discovered one of the classes I was planning to take is cancelled which means I need to get creative! I'm hoping the weather is nice so I can get in a walk around Greenlake.

Untitled

Food

I've been enjoying food a bit too much so I started back on tracking. Summer is such a great time for salads so I've been enjoying them for lunch along with one of my favorites which is the shrimp - avocado salad from Family Fresh Meals. It takes minutes to prep and gives me a solid 3-4 meals depending on it Maggie eats with me or not. She is a shrimp fiend and steals my shrimp.

Untitled

Logging my food means that I've upped my vegetable intake which is never a bad thing. I'm reminded that I love vegetables and eating healthy food but need to allow time to prep it and plan for it. It is honestly easier to eat crappy food but it doesn't feel as good as healthy food does. I also planned out our June menu so I'm ready for a month of good eats!

Untitled

The Girls

The girls were a delight on vacation but have been terrors since then. It's been a rough time around our house but we did enjoy an awesome Friday afternoon with friends at Luther Burbank Park. The girls stripped down to their t-shirts and underwear and swam like mad. Afterwards they dozed while I drove us to opening day of the Phinney Farmer's Market. It's one of my favorites.

Untitled


Untitled



Untitled

Other Goings On

I'm working hard on my mitered square blanket and really just want to get it done. I have been reminded that it is easy to carry around knitting which is helping with production. I knit two squares this week which is more than I've knit in months.


Untitled


We found a baby fledging in our backyard the other day. She was so sweet and calm as I walked around her inspecting her for injury. She looked great so I figured she was just learning how to fly and kept the kids inside so she could have space. They kept wanting to check on her though. I had to herd everyone in when her parents tried to dive bomb us! 

Stories Published 

The June edition of Seattle's Child came out and my SHOP column is packed full of fun things to buy!


No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat