Sunday, September 03, 2017

Week in Review 9.2.17

Untitled

It was a busy and hectic week which meant little got done but a lot got done. The girl's had their last rock climbing class and they told me they didn't want to do it again. But we tried so that is all that matters. Scott traveled for business and I had two book events with Seattle Refined which meant I put on make-up twice this week. That is serious, people! 

Untitled

Exercise

I got in 4 workouts this week - three boot camp classes and one barre3 class. After feeling run-down last week, I decided to take a step back in the exercise department. I think it was a good decision. I was able to tackle my boot camp classes with a lot of energy and brought my all to the barre3 class. It felt really good. 



Untitled

Untitled

Food

I ordered a Gobble meal this week and I think I am doomed when it comes to meal services. My order came but was missing a ton of ingredients. Luckily the customer service guy was hilarious and kept saying, "That is terrible" as I told him my story of woe. He also refunded my order. 


Untitled

I did get my September Meal Plan done and even put in grocery lists. I'm on fire! With the start of school for Molly and Scott traveling a bunch this month, I wanted to get ahead of food this month. I'll be packing lunches for the first time on a daily basis and made a list for our Costco run later this week. I'll be stocking up on lunchbox essentials! 


Untitled

The Girls

Molly had her very last day at preschool on Friday. It was quite emotional for all of us. She's only been there two years but they were two amazing years of growth. Maggie still has two more years so we'll still be at the preschool and Molly says she wants to go to Parent's Night Out still which is awesome for me! 


Untitled

I switched Maggie's speech therapist this week. Her old therapist was fantastic but Maggie wasn't working well with him. We had a sub last week and a mix-up this week so had the same therapist again. After watching Maggie with her, I decided it would be better for her to switch. I had this angst about upsetting the therapist but it wasn't him at all, it was Maggie. 


Untitled

Other Goings On

This week I got to meet Louise Penny which was such a thrill for me. I've been a fan of her books for years and she was amazing. She HUGGED me! Seriously, it was awesome. Because I work with Seattle Refined and am part of their book club and the producer is a friend of mine, I was able to watch the interview and then do a little meet and greet with her. I brought my friend, Laurie along and it was a great night for both of us. 


Untitled

I'm quit The Minimalist Game this week. I had a busy week and the game started to feel like a burden. It's funny though, my donation pile still grew and I am thrilled with how much stuff I moved out of the house. I suspect I'll have more to donate as I pack up the basement for our upcoming remodel. I also spent some time at Molly's new elementary school this week blowing up balls for the playground and stocking the carts with jump ropes and hula hoops. The PTA president was quite excited that I was willing to do it but honestly it was the easiest job. Maggie ran around while I used an air compressor to blow up the balls and 45 minutes later we were on our way home. 

Untitled

Stories Published

ParentMap: 12 Ways to Keep Your Summer Chill


Seattle Refined: 10 Perfect Places to Picnic in Seattle

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat