Saturday, September 30, 2017

Week in Review 9.30.17

Untitled

We've been having some adjustments around the house due to the new school year and entrance to kindergarten. None of it is unexpected and yet all of it is so aggravating. Scott got fed up with the girls refusing to go to bed on Sunday night and told them he was taking TV away for a month. I may have stared at him aghast before muttering, "Don't dole out a punishment, I have to enforce." I decided to go along with it and while I did give the girls time on their kindles, this has been a good thing. They have been playing together a lot more and being more kind. Bedtime, sigh, continues to be a struggle. 

Untitled

Exercise

I got in 3 
workouts this week - two boot camp classes and a CityCycle Spin Class. Maggie shared her cold with me this week and I started to feel bad on Wednesday morning but powered through boot camp. Then on Thursday I had already signed up for CityCycle through ClassPass and would have been charged if I didn't go so I went. I thought I might sweat the fever out. A friend of mine also went. It was her first class and she totally dug it. I decided to skip exercise on Friday and today just to rest up. I'll be back at it on Monday! 


Untitled
Food

I've been shopping a big more with Acme Food and Farms and LOVING their offerings. Instead of going out on the weekend, I've been making more food from their offerings and we're eating better and saving money. I've been getting thier locavore boxes and using adding a breakfast or lunch add-on. Sometimes I do a quick and ready. It is all so good! If you'd like to try them, here is a referral link.


Untitled

I've also started making soups! I do love Fall because I like to make hearty soups and one of my favorites is Buffalo Chicken Soup


Untitled

The Girls

Molly and I continue to walk to school everyday and it's been really nice. We have chats about what is coming up and what she'll do at school. Her school's curriculum night was on Thursday and it was fun to hear from the PTA and see what is going on in her classroom. She has such a loving kindergarten teacher which is just so perfect for her. 


Untitled

Molly also had her first ballet drop-off experience. I had a meeting to go to and Scott wasn't home yet so I dropped her off and said that Scott would pick her up at the end. She was so nervous but excited about all of it working out when I got home from my meeting. She's growing up! 

Untitled

Other Goings On

The Refined Reads book club met on Friday night and I got to meet Nancy Pearl! I was so excited and she is really a kind woman. I also quite enjoyed her new book, George & Lizzie and the discussion was great. 

Stories Published




No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat