Tuesday, October 10, 2017

A Weekend Away at Suncadia

Untitled

This past weekend, I headed to Suncadia for a weekend away. I was graciously hosted by Diamond PR and Suncadia. I could not have had a better time. Suncadia never disappoints.

On Friday afternoon, I left the kids with a sitter and headed east. Traffic was terrible leaving the city and I arrived a bit late which meant I missed out on a tour of the property. Luckily this was not my first visit so I had a pretty good idea of the lay of the land. After settling into my room, I met up with the rest of my group for dinner at Portals, the restaurant on-site in the lodge. I've had breakfast there in the past but not dinner. I ordered the Elk Shepard's Pie and it was amazing. The dish was rich and full of hygge comfort. The portion was giant though so while I wanted to finish the entire plate, I could only fit about half in. After dinner, we all headed back to our rooms to rest up for the busy weekend ahead.

Untitled

My room was HUGE. I had a kitchen, living area, giant bathroom and a separate bedroom. I could see my whole family enjoying this space. The room also had a full fridge and a washer/dryer which is a huge bonus when doing so many outdoor activities.

Untitled

Saturday morning arrived with a brisk rain which put a slight damper on my spirits. We had a Guided Beer and Bike Tour on the schedule and I wasn't feeling too hip on riding in the rain. Luckily, the clouds parted and we were able to hop on some bikes for a ride to Roslyn. We headed to The Brick to sample some local brews before snagging lunch at Base Camp Books and Bites.

Untitled

Afterwards we biked back to Suncadia and then headed to the Glade Spa for spa treatments. I had a facial and for the first time in my entire life, I was told I had great skin. Seriously, that has never happened. I guess my lack of make-up and infrequent moisturizing is going well!

Untitled

After our spa treatments we had time to roam the property or relax in our rooms. I decided to head to my room to read and relax. It was such a treat! I rarely get quiet time so I soaked it in. For dinner, we enjoyed a cider tasting sampling with some great harvest tastes. There may have been a Diary Queen run after dinner where I was able to get a beloved blizzard. I don't know why I like them so much. 

Untitled

After sleeping a ton, I was up and at it on Sunday morning. I enjoyed breakfast alone at  Portals before meeting up with the group for an excursion into Cle Elum. We stopped by the bakery and Owen Meats. They had a meat jerky vending machine which was so exciting! A MEAT VENDING MACHINE! 

Untitled

We explored town and then the group headed out on a hike while I headed back to my room to get some work done. We met up in the afternoon and went to the Harvest Fest for some nibbles. I also got to shoot a bow and arrow! I actually shot an arrow through a pumpkin so basically I'm the next Katniss.

Untitled

Untitled

Later that night, we met up for a final dinner at Smokey's BBQ. I ordered the "World Famous Train-wreck" which is pretty much everything on the menu on one plate. It was so good and definitely gave me heartburn later (totally worth it though). I left the group and headed home. They were all flying out the next day but I needed to get home and let's be honest, I missed my family! I can't wait to get away and then when I do, all I want to do is get back to them. #can'twin!

Untitled

Check out the article I wrote for Seattle's Child on Suncadia's Fall Offerings.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat