Monday, October 02, 2017

Monthly Goal Check-in (September)

Untitled

September came in with a bang! Molly started Kindergarten, Scott went to India, Maggie ramped up her preschool days and I just kept swimming.  

2017 Goals

1. Workout 217 times in 2017 - I worked out 19 times in September. I'm at 177 workouts with 40 more workouts to complete this year. I'll need to complete 3.3 workouts a week for the rest of the year to complete this goal. Totally do-able! 


2. Participate in the Year of Creativity -  This month was all about Relating and while I loved the idea, I did not love the execution. All of the writing exercises and resource suggestions were about religion, God and relating. While I am working to relate to other people's struggles, I am not someone who believes God is why I exist. 


3. Shoot one roll of film a month - I spent way too much time on other projects and never got around to this. 

4. Complete TKGA Master Knitting Level I - Ummm, yeah about that. 


5. Finish my Miter Square Blanket - I knit one square but really need to buckle down on this project. 

6. Read 52 books. - I read 2 books this month. This means I have 14 books to read this year and 38 under my belt. I loved all the books I read this month and can't wait to recap them later this week. 

7. Finish up various House Projects - I was on fire this month with house projects! We had a weekend of outside work where we cleaned up the yard, painted the front banister, re-painted the front door threshold, cleaned up the outside furniture and toys. I also painted the girl's room. That was an epic adventure. I decided to do it while Scott was gone so they could sleep with me. I forgot what aggressive little sleepers they are. Combined with all the reaching while painting, I was in so much pain. Their room looks awesome though! 

8. Catch up on my yearly photo books of the girls - I've gathered all the images into folders and am planning to start their actual books this month! 

9. Become more politically active and work to be the change in my community. - Trying! 

10. Learn how to make a really good stock 

Bonus Goal: Grow two new crops in my garden and add some chickens to my flock. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat