Saturday, March 02, 2019

Week in Review 3.2.19

Untitled

This week was one of getting back to normalcy. Yes, Scott was in Australia but the girls and I stuck to our regular schedule and it felt so good. There were a few hurdles to climb over with the girls. Anyone have any tips on getting them to clean up their toys? I feel like I've done everything - made them a chart, took away toys, limited toys, rotated toys, given up!, cried. All of it! 

Untitled

Exercise

I completed my final run for my one month daily mile challenge and I was so happy to be done! I loved the challenge but this was not the best month to have tackled it. Mother Nature made it HARD! However, I am proud that I went out every damn day and tackled one mile though the slush, snow and rain. 


I got in some good workouts this week. I did two City Cycle rides, two boot camps along with two Barre3 classes. 

Untitled
Food

Food was about getting back to basics this week. I had smoothies or oatmeal for breakfast, good healthy lunches and great dinners. I kept meals fairly simple this week since the girls don't really appreciate my extravagant efforts. I did make sweet potato/black bean empanadas one night and they were delicious. No one but me ate them but they were so good. 


Untitled

The Girls

The girls and I had a lot of fun this week! We went rollerskating, skateboarding, read books and just hung out together. I really focused on getting back to their routine but also making sure there were fun moments. And most importantly I was able to keep them away from the television which was a huge challenge some nights when all I wanted to do was crawl into bed with a book and ignore them. However I did not and the payoff was grand! 


Untitled

Other Goings On

Speaking of books, I have already read 11 this year! I'm on a huge reading kick and loving it! I've been making bi-weekly treks to the library and having so much fun with the book selections. I'm positively thrilled to be on a book reading binge! 

Untitled

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat