Monday, November 22, 2010

The Road to Thanksgiving

YIIP: Day 324

On Sunday, I finished my grocery shopping, printed out my menus and made ice cream. I followed David Lebovitz's Vanilla Ice Cream recipe and it is delicious!

Ice Cream Ingredients

Custard Making

I did however run into an issue. The freezer bowl wasn't frozen enough so I ended up putting the custard back in the fridge overnight and refroze the bowl until this morning. It churned into ice cream quickly this morning and I made sure to have a little taste. It is awesome tasting!

My helper

I also appear to have a little helper in the kitchen when I cook. Kato hangs out just to the side of the stove waiting for food droppings. It's almost as if I have a dog and not a cat!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat