Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Success!

Thanksgiving Spread

Thanksgiving was a HUGE success! My Mom told me that my stuffing based on her recipe was the best. People groaned under the onslaught of food and asked for more.

Tday Spread Scott

There was the usual Thanksgiving Day chaos and at one point I banned my Mother from the kitchen. Luckily my Dad, the great sous chef stepped in and helped me out.

Stuffing in a garbage bag

My Mom's stuffing mix takes so many bread crumbs that I didn't have a bowl big enough for mixing. I quickly thought on my feet and grabbed a new garbage bag for mixing before stuffing the bird and filling two casserole dishes.

Burnt Marshmallows

As the dinner preparations came to a close, I turned on the boiler and put the sweet potato casserole marshmallow topping under the boiler. Before I knew it, Scott's Mom was busting into the kitchen yelling, "Burning! Something is BURNING!" and sure enough, the casserole was on FIRE! We quickly put it out and I started over on the topping. This time my Sister-in-Law and I carefully watched the topping toast.

Carving the Turkey

Scott even got in the act and learned how to carve a turkey from my Brother and Dad. It was so much fun to watch!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat