Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Delight of the Week - Lemon Pound Cake
I've been dreaming about quick breads. I love how quick they are and how tasty they turn out. Take a few simple ingredients and in a few short minutes, voila! you have a delightful treat.
I like to line my bread baking pans with parchment paper as it helps with the clean-up. This recipe can be easily adjusted. Instead of lemon, you can add lavender or berries or whatever you can dream up.
Lemon Pound Cake
Makes 1 Loaf
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
3 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
5 large eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 4 1/2 by 8 1/2 inch loaf pan by lining with parchment paper.
2. Beat butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Add vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice to the mixture. Mix again. Gradually add eggs, beating well and scraping down the bowl.
4. With the mixer on low, add salt and flour. Beat until just combined.
5. Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan. Bake in the center of your preheated oven for approx. 65 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for an hour before icing the top with the glaze.