Friday, August 26, 2011

Kitchen Accents

Just over a month ago, I asked your opinion on the color for our kitchen accent wall. The response was overwhelming and wonderful!

The Kitchen Accent Wall Prior to Painting

We left the swatch colors on the wall and whenever someone would come over, we would make them tell us which color they liked the best. This may have led to a few uncomfortable moments for our guests cornered in our kitchen but in the end, it was decided both on the internet and in-person that our kitchen called out for a teal blue.

Best Minion Ever!

Last weekend, my parents come over to help Scott paint the nursery (more on that later) and I thought since I had my minions cornered, I'd also have them paint the kitchen. I prepped the area by taping the wall and moving all the stuff off the counters. I had Scott wash the wall with TPS (toxic but effective cleaner) before handing over the paint brushes and paint.

Minion's Work Station

Scott and my Dad did a wonderful job on the kitchen (and nursery!). I'm in LOVE with this color. It was just the punch of color that the kitchen called out for. Now I want to replace the curtains with something funky and fun. Of course that might lead to having the other walls repainted so I'm going to hold off until my minions have forgotten about all the hard work they did for me last weekend.

The Finished Kitchen Accent Wall

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat