Friday, January 08, 2016

Whole30 Week 1 Update

Whole30 Travel Meals

I've almost made it through my first week of Whole30 with angst, hulk-angry and discomfort. Yesterday I was so done with it that I didn't even want to eat anything. I was BORED with food and couldn't even summon the energy to dream of donuts. I posted on a FB group about my angst and was quickly lifted up. They even checked-in with me this morning. It was a big boast!

Tomorrow I'm flying to Spokane for my Paternal Grandfather's funeral (more on that later) and will be flying home later that night which means I need to pack all my food to take along with me. I spent about 30 minutes prepping things today. I made two of the same meals - two hardboiled eggs, some cashews, a big salad with beets, oranges, tomatoes and turkey. I decided to go with guacamole as my dressing since it isn't a liquid and will be easier to transport. For snacks I've packed an apple, trail mix, a That's It bar, some almond butter and dried coconut. I'm going to eat a banana for breakfast along with a larabar. I may have packed more food than I need but I'll be gone from 5:00 a.m. to about 9 p.m. so I want to make sure I'm set up for success.

Untitled

Next week comes with more challenges. Scott will be gone on business so I'm planning to spend some time on Sunday before he leaves prepping food for the week. A prepared fridge is the key to success! I'm also hoping some of that tiger blood shows up next week because I'm so tired of the hulk anger feelings. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat