Tuesday, August 30, 2016

DiTL (Day in The Life) - August 22th

Over the past month, I've been taking Jessica Thomason's "The Documentary Approach" on Clickin' Moms. As the family historian and a journalist, I am really interested in documentary photography. My poor family this month has had to bear the brunt of my photography. Maggie is now shouting, NO PHOTOS when she sees me but I have to say that Jessica's class has really grown my photography.

Our most recent assignment was to do a Day in The Life. First we had to do a Mobile DiTL which you can see on Flickr. Then we had to dive into one using our DSLRs. I admit to being EXHAUSTED at the end of the day. It's a lot to document your entire day while also living your day.

5-30am 

Untitled

My day started with me trying to load photos onto my work site. I couldn't get them to load the night before so I tried again before I headed to Sync Fitness for 6 a.m. boot camp.

Untitled

Untitled

7-15am

After boot camp, I headed home where I found my family still asleep. I grabbed my overnight oats and started working again. I had deadline to meet and my internet was giving me fits. I did get everything uploaded but it was a pain in the arse. 

7-30am

7-45am

8-0am

8-15am

Once everyone was up, I headed to the shower while they all got dressed for the day and Daddy left for work. We then headed out to take Molly to school. Maggie and I ran some necessary errands. 

8-30am

8-42am

8-50am

9-05am

Maggie and I hung out on the playground at Molly's school for a bit before heading out to do our errands. Maggie will be going to school there in about a week so I've been letting her hang out a bit in the morning when Molly's class is playing. 

9-10am

9-11am

9-40am

Maggie and I went to the chicken store. Maggie loves chickens but is scared of the big, white one at the store. It cracks me up. 

10-01am

10-05am

10-15am

10-20am

10-21am

10-25am

We then headed home to drop off the chicken feed. I got more work done while Maggie watched a tv show and played in her play kitchen. 

10-40am

11-00am

11-05am

11-15am

11-35am

We then headed back to Molly's school to pick her up and go to the library for some new books. Molly wanted books on spiders, her new obsession. 

12-35am

12-40pm

1-00pm

1-05pm

1-07pm

1-10pm

We also stopped at the grocery store for a few items before stopping at the ravine near our house to try to capture a loose chicken (not ours). We never did catch her and hopefully she wasn't eaten by the coyotes or raccoons. 

1-45pm

1-47pm

2-15pm

We came home to some deliveries. I did more work while the girls watched another tv show before tackling dinner and checking on our chickens. 

2-35pm

2-45pm

2-50pm

3-15pm

3-30pm

3-45pm

3-46pm

3-47pm

4-00pm

We dropped dinner off for a friend who recently had a baby before coming home to eat dinner ourselves. We had chicken tacos which everyone loved. Molly was excited to pass the food around the table. She prefers it when I let them serve themselves rather than dishing up their plates in the kitchen. 

5-45pm

5-50pm

After dinner, we headed to the living room to play legos before starting the bedtime routine. I cleaned up dinner while Scott got the girls ready for bed.  

6-15pm

6-45pm

7-15pm

7-45pm

Once they were in bed, I did *surprise* more work. One of them took longer to go to sleep than the other. 

8-15pm

8-30pm

I worked on a Test Knit Sweater and did some reading once my work was done before heading to bed myself. 

9-00pm

9-45pm

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat