Saturday, January 21, 2017

Week in Review - 1.21.17

Untitled

It's been a busy week but a fun one. I think I'm finally hitting my groove with 2017. It's going to be a hard political year but I'm hoping that it is a great personal one full of growth and involvement. 

Exercise


Untitled

One of my goals this year is to complete 217 workouts in 2017. I am well on my way with this one. I decided to hit it hard in January to get myself back into the habit and front load my goal in case of unexpected hiccups (illness, vacation, etc). I'm currently at 16 workouts for the year so 201 to go! 


This week, I did three boot camp sessions, one FlyWheel class and one Barre3 class. I am BEAT especially since I did boot camp and FlyWheel on the same day. Exhausted does not describe how I felt on Wednesday afternoon. However, I am also feeling stronger! 

Food


Untitled


After my FlyWheel class on Wednesday, I still had some time before I needed to pick up the girls so I headed over to WanderFish Poke on Cap Hill. It's been on my list to try for awhile and it was so good! I can not wait to go back again for some delicious poke!

Untitled


I decided to try out Acme Farms + Kitchen this week. They offer free local delivery of local food directly from the farmers. I love this idea and ordered their salad kit along with a trial size of the Locavore Box. It's not cheap but it is delicious, local, healthy food!

Untitled


And per our usual, I got our organics box again this week. I'm struggling to decide how to best use the fruits and vegetables. I meal plan monthly but don't know what is in my box until the week before. Sometimes the veggies match up and sometimes they don't. Also sometimes the vegetables go bad quickly. Like if I don't use the lettuce on the day it arrives, it gets all wilt-y and ends up with the chickens. 

The Girls


Untitled

Untitled

The girls had their 6 month check up at the dentist and I'm just thrilled that they love it there so much. No cavities and yes, we were told to floss more. Dentists love flossing! 

Otherwise, we have spent the last few weeks getting everyone back on schedule with sleeping, eating, school dayts and at-home preschool learning. We were doing Simply Learning but she's gotten busy and is switching her format to include The Peaceful Preschool. I checked it out and love the premise so we are also switching to The Peaceful Preschool curriculum. I'm pretty excited about some of the offerings. Can't wait to work this into our lives! The girls are still going to preschool at their school but this is just some additional activities for those long afternoons when I'm tempted to let them watch TV for much too long. 

Other Goings On


Untitled

My Coffee & Crumbs Year of Creativity class has kicked off and I am LOVING it. This month the focus is on inspiration and I'm finding that I am too busy and don't allow creativity to find me. I'm working on slowing down and opening up to creativity. I finished re-listening to Elizabeth Gilbert's Big Magic this week and I could listen to it again and again. I actually put it on in the car during our weekend road trip and Scott was intrigued. I'm going to have him listen to it too. 

Untitled

Most of this week was spent knitting Pussy Hats for neighbors and friends doing the Womxn's March today. Scott, the kids and I will be marching! 

Stories Published

Seattle Refined: Maui no ka oi (Maui is the best)
Seattle's Child: 25+ Indoor Things to Do with Kids At-Home & Around Seattle
Seattle's Child: January/February SHOP 


Seattle's Child Jan.Feb 2017 Cover

Seattle's Child Jan.Feb 2017 SHOP

Seattle's Child Jan.Feb 2017 SHOP

Seattle's Child Jan.Feb 2017 SHOP





No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat