Monday, May 29, 2017

Summer Book Bingo

Untitled

Every year my heart starts to race when I realize it is Seattle Public Library Book Bingo time! Every year my friend, Laurie and I say we are not going to get obsessed. Every year we spend hours plotting out our bingo boards and exchanging ideas. I spent most of last Monday scheming and I'm pretty excited about my summer of reading! 

First things first, you can grab your Bingo Board on the SPL site. This year they also have a Kid's Book Bingo Board so get your kids involved! I've already told Maggie and Molly about our Summer Reading Adventure. 

Untitled

I started my reading adventures last week and have already read two books! I'll be posting about my progress on Instagram all summer, using the hashtag #reebeckireads

Untitled

There are 24 categories on the board and here are my plans (subject to change) for all of them! Well, most of them, I still need a suggestion or two so send them my way! Also the shorter the better, I need to read 24 books before Labor Day! 

Recommended by a librarian: The Girls by Emma Cline 

Choose a book by its cover: North Haven by Sarah Moriarty

You've been meaning to read: You are a Badass by Jen Sincero

Young adult: The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon (Finished!) 

Biography or memoir: The Rules Do Not Apply by Ariel Levy

Adapted into a movie: Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang (The movie, Arrival is based on this book!) 

Graphic novel: You Might be an Artist If... by Lauren Purje (Finished!) 

By an author of color: Turner House by Angela Flournoy

Recommended by an independent bookseller: Grocery by Michael Ruhlman

Set in another country: The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

Genre that is new to you: I'm considering H.P. Lovecraft for this category but am worried about the length of his books. Any good Horror books out there under 200 pages? 

Banned: The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

Collection of essays or short stories: Upstream by Mary Oliver

Published the year one of your parents was born: 1984 by George Orwell

Fiction: The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer

About art or an artist: Frida by Hayden Herrera

A SAL speaker: The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead 

Reread a book you read in school: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Finish in a day: The Little Book of Hygge by Meik Wiking 

Washington state author: A Year Right Here by Jess Thomson 

Poetry: Beowolf

Science nonfiction or science fiction: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

LGBTQIA author or character: Every heart a doorway by Seanan McGuire 

Recommended by a young person: Any young person out there read to recommend me a book? 


No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat