Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Monthly Goal Check-In (April)

Untitled

April flew by fast! I went on two trips which slowed down some of my goal achievement but I still crossed a few more items off my 18 in 2018!

2018 Goals
  1. Workout 218 times in 2018 - I worked out 19 times in April. My goal was 19 times and I wasnt' sure if I'd get it done but I did. I'm at and I did it! I'm at 79 workouts for the year. 
  2. Go Skiing 
  3. Complete "The Artist's Way"
  4. Learn Hand Lettering - This goal is still waiting for me to tackle.   
  5. Paint the Bathroom - I think I'm going to take on this goal when the construction is done in my basement. There is just too much going on right now and too much dust in the air. Also we are down to one bathroom which means painting it might get tricky.   
  6. Find a picture for the oval frame in my bedroom 
  7. Replace the sad Rhododendron plant with a Dwarf Japanese Maple (or another plant) - This goal needs to wait until late summer or fall.
  8. Build (or buy) a trellis for my vegetable garden - I got this done on the last day of April, barely slipping in. I like it and think it will be good for my peas, should they ever grow. I found a wonderful trellis at Swansons and picked it up for a surprisingly good price. 
  9. Buy a new dishwasher 
  10. Embrace Minimalism by doing the Minimalist Game for an entire month 
  11. Reduce our food bill and food waste - I continued to work hard at this goal but only did ok. Traveling really messes up keeping one's food bill down.  
  12. Read War and Peace, Moby Dick, A Tale of Two Cities and The Grapes of Wrath - I am still reading Moby Dick but it is a slooooooow read. I feel dreadfully behind on this goal. My plan is to read War and Peace all summer which leaves the fall for A Tale of Two Cities and The Grapes of Wrath. I really need to finish up Moby Dick.
  13. Read the Bible - I'm not quite caught up but I'm almost there. I need to get back in the daily habit of reading instead of trying to do large chunks of reading. 
  14. Knit Nanoo - Nanoo! I'm still working on this. Working, working!
  15. Knit 12 hats for charity - I finished my April hat and it is a mish-mash of yarns but makes a very warm hat. 
  16. Repeat Goal: Complete TKGA Master Knitting Level I - I'm still thinking about this goal and what to do with it. 
  17. Repeat Goal: Finish my Miter Square Blanket  - Plugging away
  18. Repeat Goal: Catch up on my yearly photo books of the girls - Making slow but steady progress!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat