Thursday, May 31, 2018

Monthly Goal Check-In (May)

Untitled

Summer is almost here which is both daunting and exciting to me. Daunting because Molly will be out of school and hanging out. Exciting because summer vacations, time at the pool and lazy relaxation! And of course, goals! Here is how I did on my 2018 goals this month. I'm making progress here! 


Untitled

2018 Goals


  1. Workout 218 times in 2018 - I worked out 24 times in May. My goal was 22 times which I'm happy to have surpassed. I'm at 106 workouts for the year with 112 to go!
  2. Go Skiing 
  3. Complete "The Artist's Way"
  4. Learn Hand Lettering - I worked on this goal a bit. I got a book and started practicing which is fun!  
  5. Paint the Bathroom - This goal is waiting until late Summer/Early Fall due to our basement construction. 
  6. Find a picture for the oval frame in my bedroom 
  7. Replace the sad Rhododendron plant with a Dwarf Japanese Maple (or another plant) - This goal is half done! When I was having some other shrubs pruned, I decided to have the guys rip out the sad Rhododendron. Be gone, sad plant! 
  8. Build (or buy) a trellis for my vegetable garden 
  9. Buy a new dishwasher 
  10. Embrace Minimalism by doing the Minimalist Game for an entire month 
  11. Reduce our food bill and food waste - Constant battle on this! 
  12. Read War and Peace, Moby Dick, A Tale of Two Cities and The Grapes of Wrath - This goal has been hard for me. I love to read but hard books are hard because my kids have sucked away my brain. However, I plan to keep plugging away. 
  13. Read the Bible - I'm not quite caught up but I'm almost there. I need to get back in the daily habit of reading instead of trying to do large chunks of reading. 
  14. Knit Nanoo - Nanoo! I'm still working on this. Working, working!
  15. Knit 12 hats for charity - I completed May's hat even though it is really ugly! I ran out of yarn and slapped some green on to finish it and whoa! ugly but warm! Photo below. 
  16. Repeat Goal: Complete TKGA Master Knitting Level I - I'm still thinking about this goal and what to do with it. 
  17. Repeat Goal: Finish my Miter Square Blanket  - My goal for May was to do 4 miters and I did. Slowly chipping away at this blanket. 
  18. Repeat Goal: Catch up on my yearly photo books of the girls - Making slow but steady progress!

Untitled
The world's ugliest but still super warm hat!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat