Saturday, July 28, 2018

Week in Review 7.28.18

Untitled

Re-entry was rough! So rough! I scheduled an easy week activity wise for the girls thinking they would want to ease back into the everyday of life. But, boy, did that backfire on me. They say kids need space to be bored and have independent play and for my kids that means destruction, whining and a frustrated parent. 


Untitled

Exercise

I jumped right back into exercise this week and got in three boot camps and two BurnCycle classes. It was great being back in the grind but it was also so hard! My booty is sore! I am glad to be back into my regular routine and happy with the amount of exercise I did get on our trip. 

Untitled

Food

I decided to try having BeWell by Kelly Fab4 smoothies for breakfast this week. I decided to go all in and even bought a Vitamix. My fall down is usually lunch. I get hungry at 11:45 a.m. and then need to pick up Maggie from school and it all goes down hill from there. These smoothies have really helped! I'm literally not hungry until 1 p.m. when I can have a nice healthy lunch. HUGE win! And as someone who previously did not love smoothies, I am actually enjoying them. 

Untitled

Otherwise I spent this week just getting back to non-vacation eating even if that was hard for the kids. We had a ton of fresh produce which my body was really thankful for. Can't go wrong with fresh fruits and veggies! 

Untitled


The Girls

The girls were rough this week, so rough! They had their first set of tennis lessons and swim lessons which kept them moving but otherwise, they were free reign which led to too much television. At the end of the week, I announced that we were going back to our rule of No TV after dinner. Molly got really mad and threw the tv remote at it. And long story, short, we are now a TV free household! Scott took the broken TV to the recycling place today. The kids are really feeling the consequence of this action. Molly has apologized a few times and we've talked about big emotions. While it has only been a day since TV left our house, I can honestly say things are going better. While my house is trashed beyond comprehension, they have been creatively playing and having so much fun. I do miss my electronic babysitter but I think our screen-free forced break is going to be good. I'll write more on this later next week after I have a few more days to report on. 


Untitled


Other Goings On

The basement is nearing completion. I'm actually working on the punch list to make sure everything is complete. I'm so excited to move our stuff out of storage, purge more stuff and start decorating the basement. 


Untitled

I caught a summer cold this week and have been miserable with snot. All I want to do is curl up under a blanket but then I'm sweating up a storm. Having a cold in the summer is terrible! 

Legoland

Stories Published

ParentMapLegoland: 10 Tips for Your Fabulous Family Vacation

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat