Monday, July 02, 2018

Monthly Goal Check-in (June)

Untitled

June was not a great month for making a lot of progression on my goals. School was winding down. Our remodel was winding down. The kids had celebrations every other day along with dance recitals and swim lessons. I had too much going on in daily life to tackle my yearly goals. Some months are like that so I'm not worried! I still made some great progress on some of the goals but just didn't do a lot overall. That is life! 


Untitled

2018 Goals


  1. Workout 218 times in 2018 - I worked out 27 times in June. My goal was 22 times which I leapt right past! I'm at 133 workouts for the year with only 85 to go!
  2. Go Skiing 
  3. Complete "The Artist's Way"
  4. Learn Hand Lettering - I didn't work on this goal at all. 
  5. Paint the Bathroom - This goal is waiting until late Summer/Early Fall due to our basement construction. 
  6. Find a picture for the oval frame in my bedroom 
  7. Replace the sad Rhododendron plant with a Dwarf Japanese Maple (or another plant) - This goal is waiting until fall to complete. 
  8. Build (or buy) a trellis for my vegetable garden 
  9. Buy a new dishwasher 
  10. Embrace Minimalism by doing the Minimalist Game for an entire month 
  11. Reduce our food bill and food waste - This always slides when I get busy. I overbuy food or don't make planned meals or just don't build upon my meals to get the most of our food. July is mostly traveling so our food waste will be low but our food bill higher. I'm going to re-focus on this goal in August. 
  12. Read War and Peace, Moby Dick, A Tale of Two Cities and The Grapes of Wrath -  I didn't do any reading on these books this month though I did do a lot of reading otherwise.
  13. Read the Bible - I'm not quite caught up but I'm working hard on it. 
  14. Knit Nanoo - Nanoo! I'm still working on this. Working, working!
  15. Knit 12 hats for charity - Gah! I fell behind and did not get June's hat knitted. I plan to knit two in July. We have a two and half week road trip coming up which for me means a lot of knitting time! 
  16. Repeat Goal: Complete TKGA Master Knitting Level I - Put this aside for June! 
  17. Repeat Goal: Finish my Miter Square Blanket  - My goal for June was to do 5 miters and I ended up finishing 4. I tried to knit more but kept messing up my miters and having to re-do them. I have 15 squares left to knit. I'd love to have them all done by the end of August so I can start knitting the border. As of right now, my blanket is about 75% done though! 
  18. Repeat Goal: Catch up on my yearly photo books of the girls - I did not work on this at all in June. 

Untitled

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat