Saturday, July 21, 2018

Week(s) in Review - 7.21.18

Untitled

We went on vacation and I completely neglected to update the blog. It was worth it though as we have had quite the adventure. We are headed home now with a very dirty car, tired kids and so many memories. 


Untitled

Exercise

I did get in some exercise while on our trip. I went on two hikes in Yosemite, climbed up some San Francisco hills while walking many, many miles and got in two barre3 classes in Los Altos. I'm nearing my goal of 14 workouts for this month which feels great after being away from home for 17 days. I've really missed my almost daily morning movement. 

Untitled

Food

Food was all over the place and I'm now that person who craves veggies. I was so happy when we landed in Palo Alto for the week in a hotel room with a kitchen as it meant I could cook veggies. Yum! Turns out my body can't handle too many carbs anymore and was so unhappy. 

We ate at an amazing Mexican restaurant outside of Yosemite that blew my mind! We ate at Taqueria Plazuelas where I had Huaraches made with homemade tortillas and the most amazing sauce. It was unexpected and so good. 


Untitled

We also ate at the oldest Dim Sum restaurant in the United States while in San Francisco. It was the girl's first time having dim sum and they liked it. It wasn't the best I've ever had but I did enjoy it. 


Untitled

The Girls

The girls had lots of adventures on this trip and lots of great times. They have done so much and honestly have become a bit ragged on the edges with messed up sleep, sassiness and too much sugar. 

Untitled

Over the past 17 days, they've swum almost daily, hiked, seen amazing sights of nature, climbed huge hills in San Francisco, ridden a cable car, been to the top of Coit Tower, started at the majestic Sequoia trees in Yosemite, investigated Hearst Castle, explored the Monterey Aquarium and seen the Elephant Seals at San Simone. They explored the beach at Santa Cruz and did all the rides they could on the boardwalk. Yesterday, I took them to see Hotel Transylvania 3 in Mountain View. The theatre was amazing with huge comfy recliners and an amazing concession stand.   


Untitled

Other Goings On

I read a lot on this trip - almost 9 books and I knit everything in sight. I attribute this to making a list of realistic goals for July and really sticking to them. Instead of spending time on social media (though I did plenty of that), I read my book. While watching tv or reading, I kept my knitting needles in my hands. There is something also to be said for hours spent either in the car or poolside that gave me time to knit and read. I also took a ton of photos which I put up on Instagram under our special vacation hashtag - 
#mongrain2018californiaroadtrip


Stories Published

Seattle Refined - This Instagram account creatively breaks down walking routes in Seattle

Mommy Nearest 10 Best Things to do in Portland, Oregon with Kids

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat